We LOVE a good nostalgic recipe and a better-for-you Almond Joy Bar makes us so happy! Toni @keddellcorn knocked this one out of the park with her gluten and dairy free version.
- 1 bag of Coconut MAGICdATES
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Almond Butter (can sub other nut or seed butters)
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup/Honey/Date Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tsp Coconut Oil
- Extra Coconut, Sliced Almonds, and Sea Salt (optional)
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a food processor, pulse the date bites until they are finely chopped.
- Add to a bowl and stir in the oats, chia seeds, coconut, and almonds (optional extra step- toast the coconut and almonds).
- In a saucepan on medium-low heat, add the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes while stirring frequently, or until the mixture becomes a thin liquid.
- Remove pan from the heat, pour liquid into the oat mixture, and fold everything together.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and spread it out into an even, flat layer. Add extra coconut and almonds on top and press down firmly.
- Lastly, melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil and drizzle on top of the bars, then sprinkle sea salt all over.
- Put dish into the freezer to harden for at least one hour and then slice into 12 bars. Store extra bars in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container. Enjoy!