Needing to feel warm and cozy this holiday season?! 🍂
Grab a cup of tea or coffee ☕️ and enjoy this delicious Apple Streusel 🍎 with Caramelized Dates from our Date Flight 🌴 You won't get over how festive this tastes. The warm aroma of the nutmeg, mixed with the hint of lemon zest is the perfect combination to get the holiday festivities started.
This recipe was inspired by @noreenwasti ✨
-2 Tbsp butter or Ghee (1 tbsp for brown butter)
-1 Red or Green apple
-1 Cup Oat Flour
-1 Tsp Baking Powder
-1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
-1/2 Tsp Fresh Lemon Zest
-2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
-1/2 Cup Zahidi Dates from the Date Flight
-1/4 Tsp Fresh Nutmeg
-1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
-1-2 cups of coconut milk
1. Melt the butter in a pan and add your sliced apple. Cook down for about 10 minutes before adding your lemon zest, coconut sugar, Dates, nutmeg. and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
2. In a separate pan brown 1 tbsp of butter and add to an oven safe baking dish.
3. Once the apples are nice and soft, add then to the brown butter baking dish and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl add the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut milk. Combine until a thick batter is formed.
5. Add the oat flour batter on top of the apples.
6. Top with homemade granola or granola from the store.
7. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes and let cool before serving! 😋