Cozy, cozy, cozy! This is the energy we want this season and this soup hits the spot. This soup feels like self-care in a bowl so serve yourself a warm and nutritious bowl of our Butternut Squash & Caramelized Dates Soup. 🍁🍲
-1 Cup Green Lentils
-1 Bag Frozen Butternut Squash
-2 Cups Water
-1 Small Onion (chopped)
-1 Clove Garlic
-1 Tbsp Olive Oil
-1/4 Tsp All Spice
-1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
-1/4 Tsp Cloves
-1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
-1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
-1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
-2 Bay Leaves
-Salt & Pepper
-2 Tbsp Better than Bouillon (Vegetarian)
-1/2 cup DATE FLIGHT Zahidi Dates (pitted)
-Garnish with Parsley & Pomegranate seeds
1. Sauté onion in olive oil until soft.
2. Add bay leaves, garlic, salt & pepper, all the spices, better than bouillon paste, lentils, and butternut squash, and sauté until well combined.
3. Add your water, stir, and then cover until the butternut squash is soft and the lentils are cooked.
4. Use your immersion blender and blend until smooth.
6. Add a tbsp of olive oil to a frying pan and sauté chopped dates until caramelized.
7. Serve in a bowl and top with your caramelized dates, parsley, and pomegranate seeds.
8. Sahtain! 😋