Have you ever thought about adding Dates to a Holiday Cheese Ring?! 😋✨
It sounds like a weird combination, but trust us...when the cheese melts into the dates you get the perfect sweet and salty bite! Using ready made puff pasty keeps this recipe super easy. You can find it in the freezer section at your local grocery store. The next time you're shopping grab a few to have on hand!
And as for the dates!! We used our Medjool dates from our Date Flight! The ooy gooey texture of the Medjool dates helps bind everything together into one paste allowing it spread easier on the puff pastry.
Give a try and let us know how yours turns out 🌴
-1 sheet puff pastry
-1 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
-1⁄3 cup hot water
-1⁄2 cup unsalted pistachios, crushed
-1⁄2 wheel of brie cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place dates, cranberries and water in a food processor. Blend until a paste forms. Set aside.
3. Roll the pastry out and cut a large circle out of the pastry.
4. Lay the pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Mark a circle with a medium-sized bowl and with a sharp knife, cut 4 cuts into the center circle.
6. Spread the paste around the center then top with the chopped brie and crushed pistachios.
7. Bring one point of the center star over the filling as well as bringing the outer edge of pastry inwards.
8. Press the two together and continue until you have a wreath.
9. Brush with beaten egg then place in the oven and allow to bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
10. Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes then slice and serve.