I grew up on tahini. We used it in SO many SAVORY recipes! We blended it with yogurt for a rich appetizer sauce, we made desserts out of it (Halawa), and ate it out of the jar when we had a throat ache. This date + tahini pairing is just divine because my taste buds have matured to crave less refined sugars and yet it gives nostalgic vibes. And trust us, you'll be running back to your kitchen to not only eat one square, but to eat the entire tray! 😋
10 Zahidi Dates, pitted
1/2 cup Tahini
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 Tsp Cardamom
1. Add your pitted Zahidi Dates to food processor.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
3. Line your 8x10 tin with parchment paper, add your Date Tahini mixture, and
smooth it out using the back of a spatula.
4. Sprinkle with sea salt; place in freezer until firm.
5. Cut squares to enjoy or just eat the entire tray in one sitting 🤤 (Make sure you place them back in the refrigerator as the coconut oil will quickly melt at room temp).