This fall inspired caesar kale is the perfect lunch on the go or a side dish at a holiday party 🍂🍁 The saltiness from the anchovies against the sweetness and tartness from the dates and pomegranates is YUM! Feel free to replace anchovies with capers or chopped olives if anchovies aren't your jam.
Watch our REEL to see how it's done!
-2 bunches of Kale
-1 Lemon, squeezed. For massaging Kale.
-1 Can of chickpeas
-1/2 Cup pomegranates
-1/2 cup pitted Dates
-1/2 Cup walnuts
-1/4 Cup pepitas
1/2 cup Vegan mayo, 1/2 lemon juice, 1/2 tsp anchovies made into paste, 1 garlic clove, 1 tsp mustard, 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper to taste.
1. Wash kale, remove stems, and cut the leaves.
2. Juice the lemon over the kale and massage to tenderize. Set aside for 10 minutes while you prepare your dressing.
3. Make your dressing by blending all the dressing ingredients above.
4. Add your chickpeas, pomegranates, walnuts, dates, pepitas, and pitted chopped dates to the salad.
5. Pour your dressing onto salad and toss to combine.