It's hot Hot HOT with this Sizzling Feta recipe 🔥
I'm not exaggerating! I think we ate this entire dish in less than 10 minutes 😋 And you know how people say they have the biggest "sweet tooth"? Well, we have the biggest "salty tooth" 😉.
This dish is the perfect appetizer for a party or a great afternoon pick-me-up (yes, we like to get picked up with feta). The feta is salty and creamy, the olives are briny, the chile pepper brings the heat, and the dates elevate the whole experience! Run over to our insta page to see a reel on how to make it.
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Red Onion
- 1 Small Red Chile pepper, sliced, seeds removed
- 10 Kalamata Olives
- 1 Tbsp Za'atar
- 2 Tbsps Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lb Feta cheese (cut to fit your baking dish)
- 1/2 Cup Zahidi Dates, pitted & sliced
1. First: peel and slice your red onion julienne style. Place in a small baking dish (we used 5x8").
2. Cut the red pepper down the middle, remove the seeds, and then thinly slice. Add most slices to the baking dish. Reserve some for garnish. Optional: Keep the seeds in if you'd like it a little more spicy 🔥
3. Add 3/4 of olives, za'taar, and olive oil to the baking dish. Mix until well combined. Reserve remaining 1/4 for garnish.
4. Add feta block on top and layer with the Zahidi dates. Make sure to pit your dates!
5. Top with remaining 1/4 of red pepper, olives, za'taar and olive oil.
6. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F until the feta is melted and bubbling. Around 20 minutes.
7. Serve up with crackers, veggies, or toast!