These Date Mince Pies will blow your mind in one bite! They're simple, make you feel good, and are the perfect finger food for any occasion.
For the Date Mince Pies, we used the Halawy Dates from our Date Flight. An amber colored date simply meaning "sweet". Halawy dates are firm and chewy with a thick but soft flesh. A butter-pecan pie in one bite! The sweetness from the dates elevates these Date Mince Pies without adding any refined sugar.
We kept it easy for ourselves too and grabbed store bought puff pastry. Feel free to make your own, but if you're in a pinch you can find that in the freezer section in your local grocer.
What you need for Date Mince Pie:
-1 sheet puff pastry
-1⁄2 cup pecans, unsalted 1 tsp vanilla extract
-1⁄2 tsp cinnamon, ground 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
-Pinch of salt
-Sprinkle of turbinado sugar
-powdered sugar, for garnish
How To Make Date Mince Pies:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Add dates, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to a food processor. Blend until a past forms. Fold in chopped pecans.
3. On a floured surface roll out the pastry and use a round cutter to cut rounds and place each into the cups of the muffin pan so the edges meet the edges of the cups of the pan.
4. Scoop 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of the filling into each of the cups.
5. Re-roll out the remaining pastry and cut out holiday shapes of your choice.
6. Place them on top of the filling and brush the shapes with the beaten egg. Top with turbinado sugar.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
8. Sprinkle lightly with the confectioners sugar and enjoy!
Make sure you get your hands on one of our Date Flights to try these Date Mince Pies! We're here to make every bite count, and this recipe does just that 😋