Did you ever think a purple sweet potato could look this delicious?! Well, we're here to make you change your mind about the average sweet potato!
The soft and rich textures of the sweet potato, combined with the salty sweetness of the dates in a combo you won't regret trying! We promise you'll be serving this at your next party :)
-2 Medium sized purple sweet potatoes
-1/2 cup Zahidi Dates
-1/4 cup Pine Nuts
-1 Tbsp Ghee
-Aleppo Pepper for garnish
-1 bunch of fresh mint
-1 clove Garlic
-Salt & Pepper
-3 tbsp Olive Oil
-1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Drizzle olive oil on your sweet potatoes and bake whole until soft.
3. Drizzle olive oil over your pin nuts and roast for 10 minutes, making sure to check them frequently as to not burn.
4. Chop your dates and then place them in a medium sized frying pan with Ghee to caramelize.
4. Once your sweet potatoes are nice and soft, add the caramelized dates on top.
5. For the mint pesto: combine all ingredients into a food processor or a blender. Blend until smooth.
6. Drizzle the mint pesto, yogurt and roasted pine nuts over the sweet potatoes.
7. Top with fresh mint and Aleppo pepper and enjoy!